LSEC’s annual CTI Conference has been the premier forum for CISO’s, CERTS & CSIRTS security managers and experts, bringing together like-minded practitioners to discuss how they can and are maximizing the potential of threat intelligence. To facilitate and ensure open discussions (Chatham House Rules), attendance is restricted to SOC Managers, CERT and CSIRT teams & CISO’s representing Critical Infrastructure Operators & Vital Sectors; ISACs [Sharing Information Sharing and Analysis Centers]; National Cyber Security Centers & Government Institutions; and LSEC Members active in Cyber Threat Intelligence Operations or Research.
CTI 2019: Threat Intellligence in the Context of
Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Security Orchestration and Intel Sharing
Moving beyond the hype is where the challenges are. Understanding your environment, the threat landscape and accurately predicting and responding to potential problems that might occur are more than ever crucial in today’s CISO operations. Many new approaches and technologies have been introduced to support these efforts, but what is the status quo here? CTI2019 will evaluate Threat Intelligence in the context of / as a driver for other technologies, including security orchestration, artificial intelligence & machine learning and intelligence sharing.
• Prof. Dr. Ir Wim Mees, Professor at Royal Military Academy [tbc]
Major Wim Mees left active duty in 2007 in order to become civilian associate professor at the Military Academy at the Communication, Information, Systems and Sensors department (CISS), teaching courses on operating systems, distributed information systems and information security. Wim is currently professor at the Department of Communication, Information, Systems & Sensors and head of the cyber defense research unit. Wim is Belgian Representative in the Information Management Committee and voting member in the Information Systems Technology Panel of NATO STO [ NATO’s Science and Technology Organization].
• Implementing and integrating Cyber Threat Intelligence in SOC and CERT operations using STIX2.0 | Trey Darley, Cyber Threat Intelligence Strategist CERT.BE [tbc]
• Integrating Cyber Threat Intelligence in Law Enforcement | Jasper Weijman, CEO BAVAK, [tbc]
• Results of two years CTI-EU Bonding : Cyber Threat Intelligence for the few and the many. CTI Maturity Model | Louis Marinos, ENISA [tbc]
• Sense and Sensibility of OSINT, tools, capabilities and impact - panel discussion led by | Matteo Bonfanti, Takedown Project and CSS, ETH Zurich [tbc]
• Lessons learned from implementing threat intel teams across government and enterprise’ | Joep Gommers, Founder and CEO of EclecticIQ: Joep Gommers is a renowned security and intelligence professional from the Netherlands. Joep became known among security professionals after an article of his writing appeared on the technology-related news website slashdot on January 23, 2006, stating that "current approaches to Information Security are fundamentally wrong". With this, and other ideas, he gives talks at conferences, universities and communities throughout Europe.
• Machine Learning & Cognitive for Cyber Security Operations | Martin Borrett, CTO IBM Security Europe: Martin Borrett is an IBM Distinguished Engineer and CTO IBM Security Europe. He advises clients at the most senior level on policy, business, technical, and architectural issues associated with security. Martin leads IBM's Security Blueprint work and is co-author of the IBM Redbooks "Introducing the IBM Security Framework and IBM Security Blueprint to Realize Business-Driven Security" and "Understanding SOA Security." He is Chairman of the European IBM Security User Group community, and a member of the Royal Society's Cybersecurity Research Steering Group. He is also a Fellow of the British Computer Society and a Chartered Engineer (CEng) and member of the IET. Martin has a passion for sailing - having represented Great Britain - and is also a keen tennis player.
• Ulrich Seldeslachts, CEO of LSEC: Ulrich is executive director of LSEC, a not for profit industry association focused on Information - and cyber security in Europe, based out of Belgium. Since 2012, LSEC has been leading industrial developments in cyber security; including cyber threat intelligence and information sharing activities. With LSEC, Ulrich was one of the founding partners of the ACDC - Project, Europe's first action against botnets.
• Jeroen Herlaar, Director Europe West, at MANDIANT, a FireEye Company [tbc]: Jeroen has more than a decade of experience in building and managing cyber security practices. Prior to joining MANDIANT, Mr. Herlaar spent eight years working at a leading Dutch cyber security company. There he built, and managed their cyber security capabilities, including penetration testing, security monitoring, incident response, threat intelligence, and online fraud detection, delivering to a variety of clients in the finance, critical Infrastructure, and other commercial industries, overseeing a team of 60+ highly skilled, security, and sales professionals
Level of Expertise: Advanced
CTI2019, LSEC's leading annual forum for Cyber Threat Intelligence
Wednesday 23 July from 10am-18pm
IBM Innovation Center, Brussels
Restricted audience, enrolments will be reviewed by the conference organizers